1. The art criticism process is where after every project we complete Mrs.Sudkamp would pick about 3 or 4 people, and those people would pick which art piece they liked and asked that person some questions, and describe what they liked about that piece. the students would walk around to their classmates pieces and write a positive comment about theirs.
2. This is the painting piece i think. I see an up close view of a steering wheel with a fuzzy textured wheel cover. The color scheme is purple, black, and white. Maybe the artist is trying to say they love driving, and that they liked the view the wheel had. I feel like this piece was very successful, it could be better, there was some mistakes but doable. On of my favorites pieces from this class.
1. In my opinion I don't think copying is always plagiarism, i believe there is a gray area. The only reason it should be considered plagiarism is if you intentionally try to steal someone else's work and call it yours, or if you use it without the permission of that artist. The only problem with that is that you cant always ask the artist if you can use their work, because if your using it as a picture for part of a collage or art thing, then its just using it. Also if you copy it and put your own style on it isn't completely plagiarism, but there's a grey area as well.
2. This piece reflects me as an artist and I have a personal connection to it because it shows that i can do a Cuban beach scene as well as a clay piece. Also because being an artist doesn't only consist of your drawing ability or painting skills, but it also has to to do with your ability to relate to what you create. If you can't relate or find a personal connection to your pieces then how can you do art. The Cuban Beach theme represents my ethnicity and is part of me, so I decided to represent that with this piece.
P.S.....: This is how it was supposed to turn out, but I didn't realize it was backwards until after i had already done it.
3. I feel like I was most successful with this piece because I love the way it came out. the topic was doughnuts because I love doughnuts so much and I so i decided to do a doughnut jar for the project. It took a while and there were many struggles along the way but it was all worth it. I think i fired this piece like 5 times to get it just right. Just making the jar was hard as well because it was the first time I used clay for a project to make a jar. I didn't know how to score and slip and the cylinder was uneven, but i made it work. I had to do the bottom of the jar twice to get it right, and he top was a struggle as well just to make the grips so the top doesn't fall off.
1. I used 1 point perspective
2. I used pencil
3. This photo was taken at some mountain range view of the sunset, i just don't remember where.
4. It was difficult to get every point to line up with the dot
1. My tray is a variety tray, which means you can use it for what ever you want. Chips and dip, candy, jewelry, coin bowl, maybe even a candle holder. It makes it used for that because there is two parts to it, there's the bowl in the middle and then the tray part.
2. I just thought it would be cool to have a snowflake shaped bowl and i wanted to make one with the bowl in the middle because it is always useful and can be used for anything.
3. I first found the snowflake bowl, then got some clay and rolled it flat. Then i made the small bowl with clay and a cylinder. Next i waited a few days for them to dry then score and slipped them together. After that i fired them in the kilm and waited for it the be done. Next i got the paints i wanted to use and painted it then fired it. Last painted the snowflakes with acrylic and fired it, that was it.
1. I used 6 different mediums and techniques. First was acrylic paint; i used this for the clouds and part of the top of the mountain. Second I used colored paper for the mountain, grass, sky, water and sun. Third I used water color; i used this as like a second layer for the colored paper since the colors came out very thin. Fourth I used glitter; used glitter for the mountain to give it a little shinny look. Fifth I used sand for the sand and water. The sand was to give the water a salty ocean look,and to make the sand have some texture. Last but not least, cloth. I used some cloth for the music notes in the sky just as creativity.
2. My words were music and vacation. I portrayed them by doing the mountains the vacation place and for music I did the music note in the sky.
1. This piece shows off the theme of line because there are different types of lines and shapes of lines. Lineas aren't always straight, and so they were used in different ways.
2. My piece is successful because i was able to curve what i needed to and i was able to make the shapes i wanted while carving. Also the colors i used i think make the linocut shape i chose look very nice. I would maybe change the way i carved the block, and flip the picture around because i accidentally did it backwards. Other than that i don't think i would change it in anyway.